Roulette has its own language which can be extremely confusing for the novice player. That’s why we’ve listed some of the terms you can expect to hear at a roulette table.
- Action: this is the amount of money you have wagered over a given period of time.
- The Backtrack/ball track: this is the outer wheel where the ball is spun.
- The bottom track: the inner area of the roulette wheel where the ball slides down.
- Corner bet: a bet on four numbers
- High bet: a bet for the top half of the numbers (1-18)
- Low bet: a bet for the bottom half of the numbers (19-96)
- Wheel roller/croupier: the roulette dealer
- Red Bet: a bet on red
- Black bet: a bet on black
- Street bet/trio bet: a bet on three numbers
- Straight up bet: a bet on one number
- Split bet: a bet on two numbers
Playing roulette at an online casino such as Casino Action is huge fun and you can win huge jackpots. It is a good way to get started and practice some of your roulette skills.